Job Title: Director of Information Technology (IT)
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Date: September 2020
Avance Biosciences Inc., a fast-growing biotechnology CRO, is recruiting a Director of Information Technology (IT). This position plans, directs, and manages Avance Biosciences’ IT department to support company’s business, in compliance with US FDA regulations. The Director of IT provides leadership in developing company-wide policies to ensure data integrity and safety in full data cycle (generation, processing, and reporting).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Leads the department’s strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering a culture of regulatory compliance, prioritizing IT initiatives, coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future computerized systems across the organization.
- Oversees all personnel assigned to the IT department by coordinating, assigning, reviewing work and establishing work schedules, maintaining standards, monitoring work progress, inspecting completed work assignment, and providing advice and direction as needed.
- Establishes and maintains information technology policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations and compliance to FDA regulations.
- Develops, tracks, and controls the annual IT operating and capital expenditures budgets.
- Works with other department heads to evaluate computerized system needs throughout the entire organization and develops and maintains a plan that will ensure business needs are met.
- Directs and coordinates hardware and software installations, upgrades, and maintenance, and selects and purchases new and replacement hardware and software when necessary.
- Ensures that all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations, especially with respect to cybersecurity and FDA Part 11 compliance.
- Evaluates technology risks in order to develop and maintain an updated network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures and ensures that all server backups and disaster recovery plans are followed.
- Ensures that adequate controls are in place to safeguard data from unauthorized users or loss.
- Remains knowledgeable about pertinent advances and industry trends regarding information technology.
- Periodically reviews FDA regulations on computerized system and Part 11 compliance, as well as other literature on state-of-the-art trends in IT fields is required.
A successful candidate for this position must have the following experience, knowledge, and skills:
- 5-10 years of experience in managing one or more IT functions, especially database management, network system management, and process automation.
- Skills in programming and hardware installation and maintenance either via advanced education or on-job training.
Special Job Characteristics
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to work independently and as part of a team on complex tasks with minimal supervision. Able to create accurate work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and interruptions. Able to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Able to gather relevant facts in a timely manner and make decisions quickly. Commitment to the mission and values of Avance Biosciences Inc.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance