Job Title: Sales Account Manager
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports To: VP Sales and Marketing
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Date: August, 2021
Avance Biosciences Inc., a fast-growing biotechnology CRO located in Houston, TX, is a leading biological testing service provider supporting drug discovery, development, and manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking an sales professional or someone interested in transition into a sales/account management role to lead our sales efforts in the Biological QC division.
- The Account Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing all sales activities for this division and may be required to assist in other areas as needed.
- The successful candidate will be a highly-motivated self-starter and talented individual eager to play a leadership role in a dynamic team and customer-oriented environment.
- In this role, you are a roll-up your sleeves, “hands-on” sales professional responsible for fostering current business relationships, expanding business in current accounts, following up quotes and “lost” business and uncovering new business opportunities within the region.
- As a member of the sales team, you are accountable for meeting sales targets and developing effective strategies to develop new business and accounts.
- Using detailed sales forecasts, you will track and report on progress towards achieving those goals.
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Generate and follow up sales quote
- Be the “face of the company” with current and new accounts
- Deliver capabilities presentation for new opportunities
- Actively manage current customers to gauge customer satisfaction
- Contact former customers to determine if future projects are in their pipeline
- Develop new business with accounts currently not in our view
- Develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth
- Review progress of sales opportunities within the BQC assay service lines
- Working closely with sales support, operations and project managers
- Collaborate with management to develop sales strategies to improve market share
- 3-5 years of professional experience in life science sales or CDMO quality control testing with client contact experience. Experience in the biological QC services in biopharmaceutical accounts strongly preferred.
- Ph.D. in life science desired
- Superior organization and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Self-reliant, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision is a must
- Ability to travel for sales, off-site meetings, and exhibit opportunities.