Job Title: Research Scientist
Reports To: Department Manager
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Date: September 2020
Avance Biosciences™ Inc., a fast-growing biotechnology CRO, is recruiting several Research Scientists (PhD) in its GLP and/or GMP biological testing departments. This position plans, directs, and manages research and testing projects on behalf of our biopharma and biotech clients, as well as development projects to improve laboratory operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Plan and execute biological assay development, validation, and sample testing activities.
- Prepare study protocols and/or test plans according to client’s requirements.
- Direct laboratory associates to execute experimental plans.
- Lead in incident and OOS investigation and root cause analysis per company quality policies.
- Perform data analysis and prepare project reports.
- Communicate to clients on project progress regularly.
- Establish standard operational procedures and train laboratory associates as needed.
- Ensure all project related work are done in compliance with GLP and CGMP regulations.
- May supervise a small group of lab scientists.
A successful candidate for this position must have the following experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Must have a PhD degree in biological sciences
- In-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience in ddPCR, NGS, and QPCR
- Post doctorate independent research experience is preferred
- Detailed-oriented and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Special Job Characteristics
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to work independently and as part of a team on complex tasks with minimal supervision. Able to create accurate work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and interruptions. Able to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Commitment to the mission and values of Avance Biosciences™ Inc.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance