Job Title: Molecular Biology Sr. Research Scientist PhD
Reports To: Study Director or Lab Director
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Avance Biosciences Inc., a fast-growing biotechnology CRO, is recruiting several Research Scientists (PhD) in its GLP and/or GMP biological testing departments. This position plans, directs, and manages research and testing projects on behalf of our biopharma and biotech clients, as well as development projects to improve laboratory operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Help to plan and execute biological assay development, validation, and sample testing activities.
- Prepare laboratory tests according to study protocols and/or test plans.
- Provide guidance to laboratory associates laboratory associates to execute experimental plans.
- Participate in incident and OOS investigation and root cause analysis per company quality policies.
- Perform data analysis and prepare project reports.
- Communicate to study directors and/or project managers on project progress regularly.
- Establish standard operational procedures and train laboratory associates as needed.
- Ensure all project related work are done in compliance with GLP and CGMP regulations.
- Actively participate in process improvement and new method development.
A successful candidate for this position must have the following experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Must have a PhD degree in biological sciences with >2 years of postdoc research experience
- Hands-on experience with NGS, QPCR, or ddPCR is a big plus
- Must have excellent hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques
- Strong organizational skills
- Detailed-oriented and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Special Job Characteristics
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to work independently and as part of a team on complex tasks with minimal supervision. Able to create accurate work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and interruptions. Able to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Commitment to the mission and values of Avance Biosciences Inc’
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Resumes will be kept on file for 6 months. Avance Biosciences Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Avance Biosciences!